For a Global leading Product Development Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Bangalore
Education: Any Degree
- Responsibilities of the systems technologist will include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Server administrator skills for 5000+ downstream Windows Server which includes servers hosted on-prem, Virtualized and ec2 instances.
- Ensure network connectivity, ports communication and Server health.
- Possess Technical skills to research and remediate issues involving patching and server health after patching activity.
- Generate weekly/Monthly patching Enterprise Reports and present to management.
- Communicate and recommend remediation steps to management for the sites with the most patch failures
- Microsoft Patch research and analysis
- Monitor internet blogs and attend webcasts to identify emerging issues and trends with Microsoft patches
- Test and monitor MS patches before implementing in production
- Coordinate and manage the patching project by discussing with various application owners in securing a accepted downtime for patching event Create and deploy patch jobs in phases.
- Group servers into patching tiers to enable patching of critical and non-critical servers
- outside of the production window Compile post-window patching report to measure success of the event and outstanding issues & trends to be addressed
- Provide day-to-day systems administration, routine patching and incorporate automation into workflows
- Create designs that adhere to enterprise standards being technically sound and efficiently supportable with adherence to rigorous cost control
- Develop solutions that take advantage of external cloud technologies and features to facilitate the strategic direction of the organization
- Design creative and fiscally sound solutions that are forward thinking and can pull from a variety of disciplines
- Strong knowledge of Windows administration 2003, 2008 , 2012 & 2016
- Strong Understanding of Internet technologies (TCP stack / DNS / routing and load balancing, etc).
- Should have command on administration of Redhat Satellite Server and its integration with clients and patching.
- Should have sound knowledge of Clustering technology.
- Good knowledge for Virtualisation technology.
- Good knowledge on different types of Files-system and its integration
Secondary Skills: Scripting & Automation
- Must have expert level skills with Unix & Or Windows (RHEL, Centos with experience in AIX or Solaris a plus), including experience with:
- BASH, Perl and/or Python scripting
- Experience with Chef, Python or similar tech to achieve automation is a strong plus
- Utilizing a Kickstart and Satellite server
- Basic knowledge of storage concepts: SAN, NAS (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI), S3, EBS
- Openssh and openssl experience a plus
- AWS EC2 experience a plus, including but not limited to:
- Launching EC2 instances, including using cloud formation with a basic knowledge of JSON
- Ability to administer virtual servers in a VMware ESX environment including cloning and analyzing performance
- Knowledge on Patching tools like Shavlik, Tanium, SCCM
- Strong knowledge of ITIL Process and change coordination skill
- Must have a general understanding of networking such as: DNS services, load-balancers, routing, firewalls, etc. to be leveraged for designs and troubleshooting
- Familiar with server hardware from HP, IBM or Dell, including RAID technology. Cisco
- UCS experience is a plus
- Strong coordination, organization and communication skills
- Must be self motivated, working well independently or in a group and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to fulfill unique requests with creative technical solutions
- Successfully present technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to recognize opportunities to improve process and invoke positive change.
- 24/7, US,UK working hours