For leading Product Development Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Bengaluru,India
Education: Any Degree
The purpose of this role is to provide data communications support to the business units with regards to all the data needs.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Support of hosted environments in the Web DMZ (includes internet links, BGP peering and load-balancing).
- Layer 2 switching configuration and support in all sites (approx. 110 Cities).
- Layer 3 routing configuration and support in all sites (approx. 110 Cities).
- Assist with WAN and LAN trouble shooting should it be required.
- Work with outsourced WAN management providers to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Create knowledge base articles for the internal support staff.
- Using internal ticketing system to update and resolve tickets assigned to the Comms team (incidents, problems, tasks).
- Troubleshoot Cisco wireless infrastructure if faults or performance issues reported.
- Assist with site and project rollouts.
- Provide technically competent and suitable solutions to assigned incidents.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and service providers to determine the cause of issues
- (where appropriate).
- Provide data and voice communications support, configuration, installation, cancellation and maintenance services to the business.
- Review and audit communications equipment, services, cabling and capacities.
- Manage solutions delivery in accordance controls.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the data and voice communications systems.
- Recommend communication systems modifications/ improvements to the Communications Manager.
- Contribute to data and voice communication projects.
- Identify and escalate communication project risks the Communications Manager.
- Keep updated on latest communications technologies and support thereof
- (wireless, video conference, broadcasting)
- Participate and provide input into communications projects and rollouts.
- 24 x 7 rotating on-call shift.
- Cisco CCNP certification or at least 6+ years equivalent experience
- Expert Cisco router and switch skills- 6500, 4500, 3700, 2900
- series catalyst switches- 2900, 2800, 1700, 7200, ASR series of routers- EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- Cisco wireless controllers, AP’s and WCS server
- Load balancers (Cisco ACE modules and F5 LTM and GTM)
- Nexus 7K and 5K
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Riverbeds and WAN Optimisation
- Orion Network Performance manager
- Knowledge of Cisco Video Control Server and TMS
- Avaya PABX knowledge
- HP C7000 Blade enclosure Switching Technologies
- Cloud connectivity solutions, Direct connect, Megaport, VPN
- Basic knowledge of Palo Alto/Checkpoint/Juniper Firewalls