For leading Fortune 500 Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Chennai, India
Education: Engineering Degree
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the backlog reflects the right balance between building features that meet market needs and ensuring quality while maintaining the speed to market that will meet product goals
- Ensure the backlog of user stories is prepared to meet sprint planning deadlines
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the product, business and market in order to help prioritize the backlog based on business value and return on investment
- Participate in the sprint review events and update the backlog based on stakeholder feedback and agreed changes
- Focus on product level impediments and process changes to enable ePayments to deliver faster and higher quality software
- Ensure that all the technical and operational concerns to adequately deliver a release are covered in the backlog
- Analyze and predict risks and issues, and ensure that sufficient mitigation is in place to ensure on-time delivery including cross-team dependencies
- Work with others on a day-to-day basis to help make decisions on what is in scope and provide input into functional decisions
- Make tough decisions on trade-offs between features, quality and dates in order to provide the best solution
- Build strong relationships with the stakeholders across the business; ensure that you understand their role, the needs of their area, and their requirements throughout the project. Ensure that key stakeholders are brought in at relevant points throughout the process to understand trade-offs, align on key decisions, and review progress
- Ensure Product leadership is aware of key issues and changes, and provide them with the right information and recommendations to resolve issues
- Work with Product Managers to ensure the features in a release represent what is needed and that return on investment is in line with their expectations
- Review team outputs and sign off on quality of output and deliverables. Provide critical feedback to teams as needed.
- Education: B.E, B.Tech, M.E, M.Tech, MCA BS in Business, Communication, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years working within the IT product industry with a focus on software development, business analysis or quality
- 5+ years’ experience managing backlogs or prioritizing requirements for development teams
- 4+ years demonstrated experience in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and be central in the delivery of software within a product management capacity
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment and ability to deliver
- Excellent and proven communication skills (written and verbal).
- Well-developed negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in cross-functional team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).