Global Leading Product Development Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Chennai
Education: Any Degree
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Build Automation and Release engineering
- A strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Must have self-starting personality, unafraid to display initiative and innovation on the job
- Experience with source code repositories and version control systems like Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with build/continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Ant, Shell, PowerShell)
- Experience in designing, building, maintaining and coordinating an automated build/release from Development to production environment
- Knowledge with configuration management automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Docker) is a big plus
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications
- Experience with at least one programming/scripting language, with a preference for Python, Perl, bash, php etc.
- Experience with database deployments (MSSQL, MySQL, mongoDB)
- Good understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems
- Software development experience preferred
- Experience working with a cloud service provider (E.g. Microsoft Azure & AWS) is a plus
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Champion the Build/Release Engineer (DevOps) needs for continuous integration and continuous deployment while maintaining focus on Quality of Service
- Lead the efforts to improve the existing Build/Release Engineer system. Review existing automation, identify opportunities to improve overall productivity and investigate tools that might speed up the process or make us more efficient in build/ release management.
- Design, implement & enforce Build/Release Engineer methodologies, standards and policies for managing source code
- Administer and write code to support the Build/Release Engineer tool suite. Troubleshoot build, packaging, and component management issues, working with the core Engineering and Technical Operations teammates to resolve them
- Monitor the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build/ release failures.