For a Global leading Product Development Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Bangalore
Education: Any Degree
AWS, Cloud formation, Automation Scripts, Virtualization, Linux, Devops
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows administration (Redhat / Ubuntu /2008 / 2012).
- Ability to write automation code in a common scripting language (e.g BASH /PowerShell / Python / Java).
- Understanding of Internet technologies (TCP stack / DNS / routing and loadbalancing, etc).
- Understanding of Service Management process like change management,Incident Management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc.
- Knowledge of build and deployment mechanisms (e.g Jenkins / Bamboo / AnthillPro).
- Experience with server build and configuration management (e.g Puppet / Chef,GIT).
- Cloud Formation Scripts and/or Azure Resource Manager.
- Ensure the cloud environment is fully operational, highly available and meets ourdefined set of SLAs.Monitor and respond to incident support tickets on a daily basis.
- Be an escalation point for P1 & P2 issues in the cloud and Linux environment and assist with problem solving.
- Work with 3rd Party suppliers to ensure that processes are adhered to and leverage for current and future business requirements.
- Guarantee that security best-practises are taken into account throughout the build,deployment of the cloud platform and steady state thereafter.
- Assess new services/Features provided by cloud providers and understand whether they would be suitable for the business to adopt.
- Respond to, and satisfactorily resolve, any escalated customer issues or concerns.
- Work with the Cloud Platform Manager to identify possible service improvementsand implement these through the Change Management process.
- Be an escalation point for Priority 1 & 2 Major Incidents, liaising with the Incident Manager.
- Ensure the servers / services (e.g.RDS, AMI) are patched to latest standards in collaboration with own team and other teams (Windows, Unix).
- Responsibility for working with the Service Provider on routine testing of backup,resiliency, and disaster recovery scenarios specific to the cloud computing environment.
- Work successfully with on and off shore outsourced resources to provide the best overall working structure.
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning, performance analysis, cost Analsyis and optimization activities.
- Demonstrable understanding of security, reliability, scalability and availability concepts.
- Draft, Provide input to documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, policies and procedures.