For a Global leading Product Development Company
Mandatory Skill Set : AIX , HMC ,VIO Upgrade, Shell/Python/Bash Scripting.
Strong experience on AIX platform,IBM Power7 or Power8 systems experience
Hands-on experience in technical solutions on AIX/VIOS/HMC and NIM/DLPAR/LPM
Hands-on experience on TSM
At least 5 years’ experience supporting/administering production AIX systems (IBM Power5/Power6/Power7 architectures).
Technical qualifications such as IBM AIX certifications an advantage.
Demonstrated experience with understanding of data centre operations in a 24x7x365 production computing environments
Production Oracle DBA experience an advantage.,SAN storage experience an advantage.Veritas Netbackup experience an advantage.
- Ensures support calls escalated to the team are managed through to resolution – satisfying service level and quality requirements.
- Provides technically competent and business suitable solutions to incidents escalated by the business and other internal technical parties.
- Ensures that changes are effectively planned and tested prior to implementation
- Coordinates and participates in the planning, provisioning, installation, and operation of the relevant national infrastructure.
- Creation and administration of new AIX environments & users as per business requirements
- Developer, administrator and application super user support
- Root cause problem analysis and improvement initiation
- Maintains an awareness of Unix security best practice
- Coordinates the resolution of Unix security issues
- Conducts upgrades, patching and preventative maintenance for all AIX operating environments
- Provides support for backup/restore infrastructure and applications
- Management experience of large Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) implementation highly desirable.
Provision of Operational Support:
- Designs, writes, tests and maintains all necessary system documentation and testing plans
- Manages Unix recoveries as may be required
- Establishes and implements Unix monitoring regime
- Installs and configures monitoring tools and determines appropriate alerting thresholds for new Unix installations
- Performance monitoring for all AIX Unix environments
- Initiates performance intervention when necessary
- Capacity planning and monitoring of Unix environments and advises on future capacities and options available to the business
- Software version control and license compliance for Unix
- Provided necessary documentation for auditing compliance
- Unix firmware/microcode & patch evaluation, installation, testing and monitoring