We are looking for production support or application support or product support engineers who have supported Java-based application or Java-based products in earlier roles. This role does not require Java development knowledge. But someone who had extensive experience working on or supporting Java based applications.
This opening is with large fin tech company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Pune,Chennai
Education: Any Degree
Compensation: Industry Standards
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Product support or Java development in Payment domain. Provide Product Support for customers across globe
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams based on priority and impact and following-up for rapid resolution
- Meet and exceed Customer Satisfaction, Resolution Time and Response Time SLAs
- Interact with customers via phone, email and web meetings to resolve issues and record interactions in the helpdesk system
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Ability to ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of the problem and provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ability to identify the issue by analyzing the application logs and to quickly reproduce the same in our environment
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time and ensure all issues are properly logged
- Comfortable working in a team, also with members of other teams (Development & QA) when needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, tools and environments.
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Expertise knowledge in Java Application Development and Deployment
- Hands on experience in working on webservers like Tomcat, Apache etc
- Knowledge of MQ (ActiveMQ / IBM MQ) and relational databases
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux or similar technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments, JIRA, GIT etc.