- May 9, 2018
- Posted by: Rectras
Leading Product Development Company
Department: Information Technology
Project Location(s): Chennai
Education: Any Degree
- Fluent in Agile methods, preferably SCRUM or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ensure that the backlog reflects the right balance between building features that meet market needs and ensuring quality while maintaining the speed to market that will meet product goals.
- Product Owner has the primary responsibility to prioritise, build, prune, and maintain the backlog, including
- User stories
- Refactoring, optimising and management of the technical debt
- Input into the assessment of pre-backlog initiatives
- Ensure the backlog of user stories is prepared to meet sprint planning deadlines, Participate in the sprint review events and update the backlog based on stakeholder feedback and agreed changes.
- Ensure that all the technical and operational concerns to adequately deliver a release are covered in the backlog.
- Analyze and predict risks and issues, and ensure that sufficient mitigation is in place to ensure on-time delivery including cross-team dependencies
- Work with others on a day-to-day basis to help make decisions on what is in scope and provide input into functional decisions
- Make tough decisions on trade-offs between features, quality and dates in order to provide the best solution
- Build strong relationships with the stakeholders across the business; ensure that you understand their role, the needs of their area, and their requirements throughout the project
- Ensure Product leadership is aware of key issues and changes, and provide them with the right information and recommendations to resolve issues
- Work with Product Managers to ensure the features in a release represent what is needed and that return on investment is in line with their expectations.
- Co-planning the release – Working with the Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, other Product Owners, and the Director of Product Development, the Product Owner is accountable for frequent, reliable, and continuous release of value-added product to the customer.